Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day

Every year on Labor Day weekend we go south to my hometown of Parowan, Utah and celebrate with lots and lots of family and friends. It is the weekend of the Iron County Fair with horseraces, demolition derby, parade and carnival. The last big weekend of the summer as I remember it. As I get older I realize that all of this is so much more fun as a kid. The one thing that makes it all worth it is the excitement and the joy on the kids faces. They love it and I remember loving it as a kid. I'm so glad my kids can experience at least one thing I did growing up.
Trey would rather blow 50 bucks on the games than ride any of the rides. He did win a stuffed bear shooting hoops though. Good job Trey.
Tyce wasn't too sure. Here he is holding on for dear life.
Ahh, the Sizzler. This is my all time favorite ride at the fair. Anyone who sits on the outside gets squished so we used to pick a cute boy to ride with so we could be really close for a few minutes. I can't believe I remember that.
We also have a big luncheon up the canyon at what is known as the 5 mile. (because it is just 5 miles up the canyon.)(Parowan is at the base of Brian Head Ski resort for those of you who don't know.) Extended family from California come for the weekend and my dad makes dutch oven chicken and potatoes. It is some good food. The best part of the whole trip.
This is the Nicholes and the Cooke girls. Our moms are sisters and we are all good friends.
I was playing photographer with Trevon and he was my subject so here is his first pose.....
Here is his angry face.........
And this his him loving the trees. He is so funny. I told him to love the trees, love the trees and this is the face I get. Ha ha he is special and loves his picture taken.

10 comments:

Madsen Family said...

I love all your new posts! You can really feel in them the love you have for your boys. It looks like you have had some super fun times lately. Going home and spending some time with family and friends is always the best.

Katie McCaul said...

That sounds fun...i always love going back to my home town but you're right it is much more fun as a kid.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

We were up at Brian Head that weekend. I wanted to go to the fair, but Kenneth said no.:-( I do think of you whenever we go to Parowan though.

Andria said...

What a fun tradition to have. It sounds like it was a lot of fun!!

Crazycozartclan said...

You guys look like you had so much fun!!!! I am way too sad that summer is over. I like all the pictures too. Trev is a great subject to take pictures of. : )

Unknown said...

Good ol' P-town for Labor Day.
Looks as fun as I remember. :-)
Love the Sizzleranalogy...so true!
Didn't make it down this year...softball tournament & BYU game. Maybe next year.

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

I love it. It's nice when your kids love things you remember doing. When we got out of the car at the carnival this year, Bridger said, "Mom, I love this". Really, isn't that what it's all about!

The picture of you with your sisters is adorable. And your boys are cute.

Stacey said...

Your boys are so darling! I love your new background! You are so wonderful! I'm glad you guys had a fun time.

Heather S. said...

TORI!! I'm so glad I started blogging, it is so fun to find old friends. We had so much fun back in the old school days (playing sports together). It was fun to read about the Iron Co Fair, and especially to see pictures of your Sisters. Stay in touch ok.
(your old Summit friend)

Sherratt's said...

Tori, what's up? It's Sam. I found you!! Your family is so cute and I love Parowan's Labor day too. Keep in touch!!!