Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Independence Day

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
I am so grateful to live in such a beautiful country filled with wonderful people. I'm gratiful for the freedoms I enjoy and the men and women who have fought and are still fighting so that I may have these certain unalienable Rights, such as Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. I'm grateful to God for giving us this beautiful land and hope that I can do my part so that we can be blessed to live here for generations to come.
There is nothing like the small town celebration on the 4th of July. We went to the parade in Parowan in the morning and to the park for childrens races and water games afterwards. It was overcast. A perfect day for a parade.


Trey has never appreciated the sirens on the fire engines in any parade we have ever been to. At least this year he has a smile on his face and didn't run for cover crying.

Most of Tyce's pictures show us his "outside" face. It is still cute but not as cute as his smile.

What is summer without camping at Yankee Meadow. It's a small lake and campground our family loves to frequent especially when it is 98 degrees in town. My boys love the outdoors and fishing. We even had a deer walk through our camp. The boys were filthy dirty in the first hour but had the time of their lives. The great thing is they play so hard during the day that they sleep so good at night, even in a tent.

The boys fished the creek for 15 minutes then when nothing was biting we had pine cone races. Much more action than holding that darn pole and waiting for the tiniest fish to bite

2 comments:

Andria said...

It sounds like you had a great fourth!! Lots of fun. Your boys are so cute.

Stacey said...

Your boys are so dang cute! I love your picture at the top. I'm glad you had a great fourth.