Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Celebrating Utah

We started the day with breakfast at IHOP. Mmm New York cheesecake pancakes topped with strawberries and whipped cream. What a way to start the day. Then, I don't know how it happened but somehow we ended up at Petsmart buying goldfish and everything to go with it. One minute we're having a delicious breakfast and BAM next thing you know we are pet owners. I don't even remember saying yes but needless to say we have already been back to replace one of the fish. My kids love "Luke" and "Yoda" but if I have to clean the tank again I may be helping these fish to fish "heaven".
We heard a little from the new band in town. Actually it's just some neighborhood boys having some fun but they sound better and better every time. The kids stand outside the "practice" room and dance, dance, dance.
When it was dark we went outside for a big firework show put on by Brook "firecracker" Talbot. The kids enjoyed being outside in the dark but they all covered their ears or ran for the house when it got loud. We always have a good time visiting with our neighbors on warm summer nights.



3 comments:

Stacey said...

It looks like you guys had such a fun time. I love this time of year! It's fun to be outside with friends and family, and just enjoying each other!

Andria said...

It sounds like a fun day!! I love IHOP!! Good luck with the fish!

Katie McCaul said...

That sounds fun! I am not a pet person either...my poor kids will probably never have pets.