Monday, August 18, 2008

10 years of sheer bliss

What does marriage mean to you? To me it means having someone to come home to, someone to share the most important things in life, someone to laugh with, someone who helps you become better every day. I am so grateful for my marriage to Brook. Someone was definently looking out for me when we met. We've had our ups and downs (that 7 year itch stuff is real) but I can say that he is very special and I am so blessed to have him as my companion. I love him very much and hope that I can show him every day what he means to me.


So, to celebrate 10 short years, we went to Deer Valley and stayed at the Silver Baron Lodge. We also went to hear the Utah Symphony and the Mo Tab at the outdoor ampitheater. We were unprepared because we didn't have snow hats and coats. It was cold so we stayed for only half of it but it was really great anyway.


But back at the room they had bathrobes for each of us.....
A nice fireplace......
A big comfy bed....
and a jetted tub with candles. (we went and bought bubbles just for this occasion ; )

We also had a personal jacuzzi outside on the balcony. It was beautiful and amazing but it wouldn't matter where we were as long as we were together.

11 comments:

Katie McCaul said...

How fun! Man ten years...good for you guys glad you got to go celebrate.

Sophia Rawlings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

That looks/sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you had some time away. It's so worth it. Happy Anniversary!

Stacey said...

Congratulations on ten years! You guys looked like you had a wonderful time!

Andria said...

Congrats!!! You guys look great!! It looks like you had a great time!

Unknown said...

Wow! 10 years. Really?
We will be celebrating 8 years tomorrow. (I totally agree about the 7-year itch) :-)
Fun that you got away with no kiddos!
Happy anniversary! You guys look great.

Crazycozartclan said...

Looks like you guys had a really great time! That looked like a really nice hotel. I'll have to get the info some time. Happy anniversary!

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Big Congrats. And OMG, you guys look great together! Happy Anniversary. It looks like a fun, relaxing way to celebrate.

Megan said...

Congrats on ten years! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Way to go!

Mackenzie said...

Wow...was so excited to see your blog featured! I feel like I know someone famous now. hee hee. Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary! Looks like you both had a great time!

todefygravity.blogspot.com

Angie said...

Oh happy anniversary. I cannot believe you have been married 10 years! You could look like you just got married! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.