Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Girls Camp 2008

Girls Camp was so great! We couldn't have picked a better spot. It reminded a lot of us of the sacred grove. This is the Tee-pee that Bro. Smith let us borrow. It's no small thing borrowing and transporting this baby. Thanks to Bro. Carrick and Bro. Sponbeck for their help with that. All the girls loved their sleeping quarters and are grateful to Bro. Smith for being so generous. We are missing 3 leaders in this picture and even though they couldn't come, they were in our hearts.
This group of dirty scoundrels are our girls. This is the last day of camp and look how spirited they are. I was so proud of them. Not much complaining went on, one of our beehives tripped and fell over a log but seemed fine and one of our miamaids got into the stinging nettle by the river but no major accidents. Thank goodness!
This is the log the girls had to cross while tied to one another. In hindsight, it probably was a little dangerous but they all made it without incident. We had to get one last picture on the challenge we had overcome together. Doesn't Bishop look like one of us?
The leaders from the last day. I can't believe Bro. Smith wanted to get this close to all of us. We stunk bad! But we had a great time. Notice the horizontal tree in the background, just above Bro. Sponbeck's head. That was our tree of life. It turned out really beautiful.
The girls and Bishop after testimony meeting. Notice the smoke and ash. We breathed this stuff for four days. It is the only thing, however, that covered up our stench. The girls love Bishop Pitcher so much and he loves them. This was evident in his stay with us. We are so blessed to have such a special bishop to lead us.

6 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Yes, it was a great time! What a fun post, it captures camp perfectly.

Stacey said...

Sarah said you were so sweet to her. She said you kept asking her if she was doing ok. It made me cry!! You are such a wonderful friend. (and leader) Thank you for loving my daughter and taking care of her while I couldn't!

Megan said...

Girls' Camp is awesome! I'm glad you all had so much fun, and that everyone was safe and sound. Looks like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Which one is the leader (Tori)? She blends right in! Love ya! Miss you.

Katie McCaul said...

That looks so fun! I remember loving that as a young woman...I bet they all had a blast.

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

How fun! I bet you are an amazing leader.